A Rule 25 assessment is a comprehensive chemical health evaluation or chemical dependency assessment required in some situations to determine the level of care needed for your son or daughter, funding level, or state requirements for treatment.
How To Request A Rule 25 Assessment
Rule 25 assessments are handled by our licensed alcohol and drug counselors.
A Rule 25 chemical health evaluation may have been advised or required completed if an adolescent has been:
- arrested or convicted of a DUI/DWI;
- part of a court case where substance use may be an issue;
- personally worried about their own use of alcohol or chemical substances;
- in a situation at work or school where substance use may be a concern; or
- required to by the DMV as part of a license reinstatement process.
How Does Rule 25 Funding Work?
A Rule 25 assessment includes an interview with a licensed alcohol and drug counselor to review chemical use and its impact on daily life and relationships. The assessment may also include many other stages, such as:
- a review of medical, legal, mental health and treatment records;
- a physical screening questionnaire;
- an assessment of need for detox services; and,
- interviews with other concerned individuals in the adolescent’s life.
This data is analyzed to determine your teen’s personal level of chemical use and dependence. A formal treatment plan and other recommendations will be based on this information.